Mason Dixon Photography has two separate pricing structures, for commissioned and non-commissioned portraits:
The standard rate for COMMISSIONED portraits is based on my traveling to meet with the client, taking numerous photos, carefully editing the best one, printing it on high-quality Kodak Professional Supra Endura paper, placing it in a clear sleeve with backer-board, packaging it between 2 sheets of rigid foam-core board to protect it, and shipping it via USPS First Class Mail. For this service I charge as follows:
- 8" x 10" or 8" x 12" portrait print w/ backer board = $125 + $10 shipping.
- 11" x 14" portrait print, including integrated mat w/ backer board = $150 + $15 shipping.
- 12" x 18" portrait print, including integrated mat w/ backer board = $190 + $20 shipping.
- 16" x 20" portrait print, including integrated mat w/ backer board = $220 + $20 shipping.
For NON-COMMISSIONED portraits, my rates are roughly half those posted above, because I am not traveling to meet with a client, and because I am taking and editing the photos for my own edification, or for use in my portfolio. If you see a portrait I've already created and posted on this website, or the Mason Dixon Photography Facebook page, and you'd like to purchase a print*, prices are below:
- 8" x 10" or 8" x 12" portrait print w/ backer board = $65 + $10 shipping.
- 11" x 14" portrait print, including integrated mat w/ backer board = $80 + $15 shipping.
- 12" x 18" portrait print, including integrated mat w/ backer board = $100 + $20 shipping.
- 16" x 20" portrait print, including integrated mat w/ backer board = $110 + $20 shipping.
- I am located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and I regret I am unable to travel great distances for photo-shoots. I am able to travel a maximum distance of 15 miles for a portrait commission at the quoted prices, but there will be additional charges if I must travel greater distances.
- The prices listed above are based on portraits containing one person. For portraits with more than 1 subject, please add $25 per additional subject to cover the extra editing time required.
- The prices listed above are based on orders of a single portrait print. Discount rates are available for multiple print orders, and also future re-print orders. Discount prices are based on the sizes and the quantity ordered, so please contact me for specific details.
Other pertinent information:
- The copyright notice that appears on images I post online will NOT be on the prints.
- Our portraits prints are archival-quality, rated for 100+ years of longevity in a typical household, provided they are not subjected to direct sunlight.
- The images I post online are low-resolution (72dpi), and much of the fine detail is not visible. Prints are high-resolution (300dpi) and show MUCH more detail.
- Print sizes above INCLUDE the integrated mat, so, for example, a 16x20 print would have a 3" border (the mat) on all sizes, with a central portrait image that is roughly 11" x 14" in size.
- Integrated mats are not available on 8" x 10" or 8" x 12" portrait prints, due to their small size.
- Traditional archival-quality matting is available upon request, for an additional charge. Please contact me for pricing information.
- I do not sell framed prints due to the high probability of damage during shipping.
- I accept personal check, or credit / debit cards via PayPal, and your print will be shipped within one week of confirmation of payment. PayPal typically confirms within 24 hours, but personal checks may take up to 5 business days to clear.
- The shipping cost includes postal insurance in the amount of your purchase, so both you and I are protected in the unlikely event that your package is lost or damaged in transit.
* Privacy Notice:
While it is legal to display portraits in the context of an artistic portfolio (such as this website), the privacy laws of some states prohibit their commercial use without the prior written authorization of the photo's subject. For this reason, our portrait prints are for sale only to the subjects of the photos, or their families and friends - not to the public at large.